In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Costa Brava chicken with pineapple over cauliflower “rice”
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Sweet, salty, and mildly spicy, this Spanish chicken dish simmered in a tomatoey sauce with pineapple and olives beams with Mediterranean coastal flavors.
In your bag
- ½ cup chopped peeled pineapple
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
Calories: 430, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 59g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 760mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 31g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the pineapple and chicken
- Pat the pineapple dry with a paper towel. Cut any large pieces in half.
- Measure ¼ teaspoon [½ tsp] allspice; save the rest for another use.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan [large sauce pot] over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the pineapple and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown and caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Working in batches if needed, add the chicken to the pan and cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to the plate with the pineapple. Add more oil between batches if needed. Do not clean the pan.
While the pineapple and chicken cook, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Cut the olives in half lengthwise.
Cook the Costa Brava chicken
Add the pineapple, chicken and any accumulated juices, tomatoes, olives, and ¼ cup [⅓ cup] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the chicken, pineapple, and vegetables cook, prepare the cauliflower “rice.”
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Measure the allspice.
- Stir the pineapple and seasonings.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the water for the chicken.