In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Couscous bowl with spiced beef, corn salad, and pineapple dressing
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Bright, fresh, and bursting with flavor, this corn salad says summer … has … arrived. Cool cucumber, pickled jalapeños, and a sweet pineapple dressing bring home that tropical wow factor.
In your bag
- ½ cup couscous
- 1 ear organic corn
- 10 ounces ground beef
- Sunbasket garlic-turmeric spice blend (granulated garlic - turmeric - coriander - cumin - cinnamon)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (optional)
- Sunbasket pineapple dressing (pineapple - paleo mayo - sambal oelek - coconut aminos - garlic - ginger)
Calories 580, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 220mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 52g (19% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
In a medium sauce pot, bring ¾ cup [1½ cups] lightly salted water to a boil with 1 tablespoon butter (from your pantry), if using. Stir in the couscous and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand until the couscous is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 6 to 8 minutes. Fluff with a fork and cover to keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare the corn.
Prep and sauté the corn
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat on a cutting board and cut lengthwise down the sides of the cob to remove the kernels.
In a dry large frying pan over high heat, add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Do not clean the pan. While the corn is cooking, prepare the ground beef.
Prep and cook the ground beef
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In the same pan used for the corn, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the ground beef, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic-turmeric spice blend and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the apple cider vinegar and ½ cup [1 cup] beer (from your pantry) or water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly and the beef is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the ground beef is cooking, make the salad.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the corn salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ½-inch pieces.
- If using, finely chop the jalapeños. Wash your hands after handling.
To the bowl with the corn, add the cucumber, pineapple dressing, and as many jalapeños as you like and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the couscous to individual bowls. Top with the beef and the corn salad and serve.
- Measure the water for the couscous.
- Shuck the corn.
- Time the cooking.