In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Crab cakes over primavera pasta salad with rémoulade and pine nuts
Pescatarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Feeling crabby? We’ve got a cure for that. Blended with the perfect amount of mayo, bread crumbs, Dijon, and lemon, these jumbo lump crab cakes rival any you’ll find along the mid-Atlantic shores.
In your bag
- 5 ounces penne rigate
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 ear organic corn
- 5 ounces organic cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- Sunbasket pasta salad dressing (paleo mayo - red wine vinegar - anchovy paste - garlic - kosher salt)
- Sunbasket rémoulade sauce base (paleo mayo - Dijon mustard - horseradish - dried dill)
- 2 jumbo lump crab cakes (about ¼ pound each)
Calories 770, Total Fat 40g (51% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 1260mg (55% DV), Total Carb. 73g (27% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Crustacean Shellfish (crab), Tree Nuts (pine nut), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne rigate
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the penne rigate and cook until just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. While the water is heating and the penne is cooking, prepare the rest of the meal.
Toast the pine nuts
In a dry large frying pan over medium-low heat, toast the pine nuts, stirring often, until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. Wipe out the pan.
Make the pasta salad; finish the rémoulade
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat on a cutting board. Cut lengthwise down one side to remove the kernels, then rotate the ear so the shaved side is on the bottom; continue cutting away the kernels on the remaining sides.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Rinse the capers, then finely chop them.
In a large bowl, toss together the penne, corn, tomatoes, spinach, feta, and pasta salad dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the rémoulade sauce base and capers; set aside for serving.
Prep and cook the crab cakes
- Pat the crab cakes dry with a paper towel.
In the same pan used for the pine nuts, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the crab cakes and cook, turning once, until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Transfer the pasta salad to individual bowls, top with the crab cakes, and dollop with the rémoulade sauce. Garnish with the pine nuts and serve.
- Fill a pot with water for the pasta.
- Shuck the corn.
- Rinse the capers.
- Assemble the pasta salad.
- Garnish the dish with the pine nuts.