Creamy mushroom penne with baby spinach and almonds

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Fresh & Ready

Delicious, chef-crafted meals straight from our kitchen to your oven for when you want the night off. Just heat up and eat up in under 10 minutes.

Creamy mushroom penne with baby spinach and almonds

Vegetarian

2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving

35–40 Minutes (Conventional oven)

6–8 Minutes (Microwave oven)

Sautéed mushrooms, onions, garlic, and parsley are the flavor foundation for this easy vegetarian meal. Simply heat up and then toss in the fresh spinach.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

Ingredients

Sun Basket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your box.
  • In your tray:
  • Organic button mushrooms
  • Penne
  • Organic heavy cream
  • Sun Basket vegetable broth (water - vegetable broth concentrate)
  • Organic onion
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Sliced almonds
  • Miso
  • Arrowroot powder
  • Organic chopped garlic
  • Parsley
  • Nutritional yeast
  • Kosher salt and black pepper
  • Porcini mushroom powder
  • In your bag:
  • Organic baby spinach

Nutrition per serving

Calories: 760, Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 46g (71% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 19g (95% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 1300mg (54% DV), Carbohydrates: 71g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (almond), Wheat, Soybeans

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.

Instructions

Wash produce before use

Choose your heating method

Our favorite method for this dish is the oven.
  • Conventional oven | 35–40 minutes
Heat the oven to 425°F.
Remove the plastic from the tray. Sprinkle the penne mixture with 2 tablespoons water. Cover the tray with foil and bake for 17 minutes. Stir, re-cover, and bake 18 to 23 minutes more, until heated through.

  • Microwave oven | 6–8 minutes
Remove the plastic from the tray. Sprinkle the penne mixture with 2 tablespoons water. Place a damp paper towel over the top of the tray and microwave for 3 minutes. Stir, re-cover, and microwave 3 to 5 minutes more, until heated through.

Serve

In a large bowl, toss the penne mixture with the spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper (from your pantry). Transfer to individual plates or bowls and serve.

Ovens may vary.

The foods in your tray have been prepared for you to enjoy fresh; do not freeze. Per USDA recommendations, heat to at least 165°F.

Do not expose tray to open flame or direct contact with heating element.