In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Creole chicken jambalaya
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Spicy
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
The holy trinity of onion, bell pepper, and celery plus our custom seasoning bring layered flavor to this easy spin on a Louisiana classic, made with heart-healthy brown rice.
In your bag
- ¾ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic celery rib
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket Creole spice blend (sweet paprika - granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano - cayenne)
- 1 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco (optional)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh curly-leaf parsley
Calories 570, Total Fat 13g (17% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 130mg (43% DV), Sodium 720mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 76g (28% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the vegetables and chicken.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Cut the celery into ½-inch pieces.
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the vegetables; finish the chicken
When the vegetables and chicken are almost done, prepare the parsley.
Prep the parsley; finish the jambalaya
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the water for the rice and vegetables.
- Time the rice.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.