In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cornflake-crusted chicken tenders with dipping sauces
Gluten-Free Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
A simple but ingenious cornflake crust, seasoned with Parmesan and lemon zest, gives an excellent crunchy exterior to these oven-roasted chicken tenders. Our custom dressings make the tenders and all the vegetables irresistible.
In your bag
- 1 pound peeled sweet potato wedges
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- Four ¼-pound chicken cutlets
- ½ cup Cup4Cup gluten-free flour
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups gluten-free cornflakes
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 carrot
- Sunbasket Greek yogurt ranch dressing (Greek yogurt - mayonnaise - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - dried dill - salt - black pepper)
- Sunbasket honey mustard (honey - Dijon mustard)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 500, Total Fat 12g (15% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 170mg (57% DV), Sodium 580mg (25% DV), Total Carb. 60g (22% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Roast the sweet potato wedges
- Cut any large sweet potato wedges in half lengthwise.
While the sweet potatoes roast, prep and cook the chicken.
Prep the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; cut each in half lengthwise to make a total of 8 strips. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, spread the flour.
- Crack the eggs into another shallow bowl. With a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
- Zest the lemon; cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Before opening the bag with the cornflakes, gently smash the cornflakes to break them into smaller pieces. In a third shallow bowl, stir together the cornflakes, lemon zest, and Parmesan.
Dredge and cook the chicken
Line a second sheet pan with a cooking rack, if desired; place the breaded chicken on the rack or directly on the sheet pan. Roast on the bottom oven rack, turning the chicken once halfway through, until golden brown and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
While the chicken roasts, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the bell pepper into ½-inch strips.
- Trim the ends from the cucumber; cut the cucumber lengthwise into sticks and, if desired, in half crosswise.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim off the top; cut the carrot lengthwise into sticks and, if desired, in half crosswise.
Ingredient IQ Sumac is a citrusy spice popular in Middle Eastern and Persian cooking. Made from the dried berries of the sumac shrub, it’s prized for its tartness. We love to use it on anything we might season with a squeeze of lemon.
- Spread the flour.
- Prepare the cornflakes.
- Set the table.
- Serve the meal.
- Help clean up.