In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Crispy sesame-crusted fish nuggets with orange-glazed vegetables
Paleo, Mediterranean, Protein Plus, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Family-Friendly, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Chef Josh channels his love for fast-casual joints into this Chinese-American dish. He coats fresh fish pieces in sesame seeds, then pan-cooks them for crisp texture, toasty aroma, and irresistible flavor.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic egg
- Sunbasket sesame seed blend (white sesame seeds - black sesame seeds)
- Sunbasket paleo “bread crumbs” (almond flour - flaxseed flour - granulated garlic - onion powder - sweet smoked paprika)
- Fish options:
- 10 ounces wild skinless pollock pieces
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket orange glaze (orange juice - honey - coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories 580, Total Fat 32g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 380mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 46g (15% DV), Fiber 11g (44% DV), Total Sugars 23g (Incl. 12g Added Sugars, 24% DV), Protein 33g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Prep the fish nuggets
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, combine the sesame seed blend and paleo “bread crumbs,” season with salt and pepper, and spread in an even layer.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel (if using barramundi, discard the skin). Cut the halibut, salmon, or barramundi into 1-inch pieces. Season the fish generously with salt and pepper.
Working with 1 piece of fish at a time, dip the fish into the egg; let the excess drip off, then gently press the fish into the sesame seed mixture, coating all sides.
Cook the fish nuggets
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches, add the fish in a single layer and cook, turning frequently to brown all sides, until the sesame seed mixture is lightly toasted and the fish is opaque and flaky, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Add more oil between batches if needed. Wipe out the pan.
Stir-fry the vegetables
In the same pan used for the fish, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cabbage and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the orange glaze, and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the vegetables to individual bowls, top with the fish nuggets, and serve.
- Measure the onion.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Season the sesame seed mixture with salt and pepper.
- Time the fish.
- Line a plate with paper towels.