In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Crispy sesame-miso tofu over bok choy salad with cashew-lime dressing
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Now here’s a healthy meal that’s ready in a flash. Inspired by Asian chicken salad, this plant-based dish stars organic fresh tofu coated in miso and black sesame seeds, and cooked to crispy golden goodness.
In your bag
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons miso
- ½ cup panko
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 heads organic baby bok choy
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket cashew-lime dressing (cashew butter - gluten-free tamari - water - toasted sesame oil - maple syrup - lime juice - sambal oelek - garlic - ginger)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 550, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1300mg (57% DV), Total Carb. 42g (15% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the tofu, miso, and panko mixture
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels and cut it crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Place the slices in a single layer on a paper-towel-lined plate and gently press the tofu with another paper towel until very dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the miso and 3 tablespoons [6 TBL] hot water; whisk or stir until smooth.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the panko and black sesame seeds generously with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Coat and cook the tofu
Working with 1 tofu slice at a time, dip the tofu in the miso mixture; let the excess drip off, then firmly press the tofu into the panko–sesame seed mixture, coating all sides.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the tofu and cook, turning once, until the coating is evenly browned and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the bok choy salad
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; thinly slice the bok choy crosswise.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
In a large bowl, toss together the bok choy, radishes, carrots, and half the cashew-lime dressing (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season lightly to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls and top with the tofu. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- Pat the tofu dry.
- Season the panko and sesame seeds; spread on a plate.
- Press the tofu in the panko mixture.
- Time the cooking.