In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Crispy tofu stir-fry with sweet Sichuan sauce and jasmine rice
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
Our signature sweet Sichuan sauce makes this vegan dinner—complete with ultra-crisp tofu and plenty of vegetables— a breeze to whip up.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- ½ pound Hodo organic braised tofu
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free cornstarch
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3½ ounces organic maitake or other specialty mushrooms
- 1 organic orange or other bell pepper
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket sweet Sichuan sauce base (maple syrup - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - ginger)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories: 750, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 89g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 8g (16% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the tofu.
Prep and crisp the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; crumble the tofu into corn-kernel-size pieces.
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 3 tablespoons [6 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tofu to a paper-towel-lined plate and season with salt and pepper. Wipe out the pan.
While the tofu cooks, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables and sauce
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the stem ends from the maitake mushrooms; separate the mushrooms.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
Cook the stir-fry
Add the Sichuan sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the tofu and carrots and cook until the tofu is warmed through and the vegetables are crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Pat the tofu dry and crumble.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Garnish with the scallions.