In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Crustless chicken pot pie with mushrooms and carrots
Family-Friendly, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Enjoy down-home comfort food at its easiest. In this gluten-free and paleo version of chicken pot pie, we deliver a filling that’s so delicious, you won’t miss the crust.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 organic carrots
- 1 organic celery rib
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 10 ounces ground chicken
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Sun Basket mushroom blend (arrowroot powder - porcini powder - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
Calories: 430, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 490mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut 1 carrot [2 carrots] into ½-inch pieces for the pot pie. Using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the remaining carrot [2 carrots] for the salad.
- Cut the celery into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large mushrooms into quarters.
Prep and brown the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the ground chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the vegetables; finish the pot pie
Add the chicken and any accumulated juices, vegetable broth, and ¼ cup [½ cup] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. For a more brothy filling, add more water ¼ cup at a time until the desired consistency is reached. When the pot pie is almost done, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Scrub the carrots.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Measure the water for the pot pie.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.