Cuban chicken and zucchini lettuce wraps with sweet potato fries
Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo
30 – 40 Minutes
Our house-made Cuban mojo marinade infuses these paleo chicken lettuce wraps with sweet, citrusy flavors balanced by a side of earthy sweet potato fries.
In your bag
- Sun Basket mojo marinade (orange juice - lime juice - olive oil - fresh garlic - salt - Aleppo chile flakes - yellow onion - cumin - dried oregano)
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- 1 or 2 zucchini (about ¾ pound total)
- 1 sweet potato
- Zucchini spice blend (chili powder - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 avocado
- 1 romaine heart
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
Size matters! When roasting the potatoes, use a sheet pan large enough to spread the wedges in a single layer to help ensure they cook evenly (we recommend a pan about 17 by 12 inches). Use a stainless-steel pan if you have one; a darker metal pan will speed the browning, so give the potatoes an extra stir or two as they roast.
Make It Leaner
To slash 105 calories and 9 grams of fat per serving, use just half the avocado-mojo mixture. Bonus: enjoy the rest for avocado toast the next day.
Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).