Cuban chicken and zucchini lettuce wraps with sweet potato fries
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
30 – 40 Minutes
Our house-made Cuban mojo marinade infuses these paleo chicken lettuce wraps with sweet, citrusy flavors balanced by a side of earthy sweet potato fries.
- Sun Basket mojo marinade (orange juice - lime juice - olive oil - fresh garlic - salt - Aleppo chile flakes - yellow onion - cumin - dried oregano)
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- 1 or 2 zucchini (about ¾ pound total)
- 1 sweet potato
- Zucchini spice blend (chili powder - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 avocado
- 1 romaine heart
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
Size matters! When roasting the potatoes, use a sheet pan large enough to spread the wedges in a single layer to help ensure they cook evenly (we recommend a pan about 17 by 12 inches). Use a stainless-steel pan if you have one; a darker metal pan will speed the browning, so give the potatoes an extra stir or two as they roast.
Make It Leaner
To slash 105 calories and 9 grams of fat per serving, use just half the avocado-mojo mixture. Bonus: enjoy the rest for avocado toast the next day.
Marinate the chicken
- Set aside 2 tablespoons mojo marinade for the avocado.
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Roast the zucchini and sweet potato
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-wide wedges.
Roast in the oven, turning halfway through, until the zucchini is just tender and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes, and the sweet potato is tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer the zucchini to a plate while the sweet potato finishes cooking.
While the zucchini and potato roast, cook the chicken.
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the avocado in half; remove the pit and scoop out the flesh.
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; separate the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).