In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cuban shrimp mojo tostadas with red cabbage slaw
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo-Friendly
4 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Easy to make, these family-friendly open-faced tacos are like ones you’d enjoy in a small restaurant out of someone’s home in Havana.
In your bag
- 1 pound shrimp
- Sun Basket mojo marinade (lime juice - orange juice - olive oil - yellow onion - fresh garlic - dried Mexican oregano - Aleppo chile - salt - cumin)
- 6 ounces red cabbage
- 1 shallot
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 2 limes
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 ounces shredded carrots
- 12 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 dried bay leaf
- ¾ cup cooked black beans
Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 170mg (57% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Paleo-strict nutrition per serving: Calories: 470, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 170mg (57% DV), Sodium: 560mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 20g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Wash produce before use
Marinate the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Cut the shrimp in half crosswise or into chunks.
- Divide the mojo marinade into two equal portions, one for the marinade and one for the sauce.
While the shrimp marinate, prepare the slaw.
Make the red cabbage slaw
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Juice 1 lime.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
Crisp the tortillas
Cook the shrimp
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper. Thinly slice the pepper lengthwise, then cut the slices in half crosswise.
- Rinse the black beans.
Make the sauce; warm the black beans
Add the black beans to the pan with the remaining sauce and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Juice the lime.
- Make the slaw.
- Set the table.
- Serve the meal.
- Help clean up.