Havana shrimp mojo tostadas with cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
30 – 45 Minutes
Easy to make, these authentic-tasting, open-faced tacos remind us of ones you might enjoy at small home restaurants in Havana.
In your bag
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- Sun Basket mojo marinade (fresh orange juice - fresh lime juice - EVOO - fresh garlic - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes - onion - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 1 ounce organic shredded carrots
- 6 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 1 dried bay leaf
After crisping the tortillas in a frying pan (Step 3), you can keep them warm in a 250°F oven until ready to serve. Alternatively, the tortillas can be crisped in a 400°F oven: On a sheet pan, brush the tortillas all over with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt; arrange side by side. Toast in the oven, turning halfway through, until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
Calories: 590, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 215mg (72% DV), Sodium: 660mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 45g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Crustacean shellfish
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.