In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Havana shrimp mojo tostadas with cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Easy to make, these authentic-tasting tostadas remind us of ones you might enjoy at small home restaurants in Havana.
In your bag
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sun Basket mojo marinade (orange juice - lime juice - EVOO - garlic - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes - onion - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1 organic lime
- ¼ pound organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 3 ounces roasted red peppers
Calories: 570, Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 26g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 44g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the shellfish
- Rinse and drain the shellfish. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Cut the shellfish in half crosswise or coarsely chop.
- Set aside half the mojo marinade for the sauce.
Make the cabbage slaw
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
Crisp the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
Cook the shellfish and the bean mixture
- Rinse the black beans.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
Add the beans and remaining mojo marinade to the pan and bring to a boil, then reduce to a vigorous simmer. Add the roasted red peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bean mixture has thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the cabbage slaw.
- Count the tortillas.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Rinse the beans.