In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Curried black lentils and potatoes with chard and naan
Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
The curry seasoning blend of fresh ginger, garlic, and turmeric dates back thousands of years; in fact, the flavor combination is said to be one of the oldest still in regular use today. In this one-pot vegetarian dish, those classic ingredients and Madras curry powder bring spice and powerful anti-inflammatories to black lentils, potatoes, and chard.
In your bag
- ½ cup black lentils
- 6 ounces red potatoes
- Fresh ginger
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 bunch chard
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 naan
- 1 lime
- Fresh basil
Calories 680, Total Fat 14g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 830mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 15g (5% DV), Protein 26g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the lentils
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the lentils.
While the lentils simmer, prepare the vegetables and start the curry.
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the red potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Grate or peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Strip the chard leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves and stems, keeping them separate.
Start the curry
Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, tomatoes, and ½ cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, then stir in the chard leaves and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the chard leaves are wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
While the curry cooks, prepare the naan.
Toast the naan
Prep the garnishes; finish the curry
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside for garnish.