In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tina’s curried pork with roasted kohlrabi and apple-ginger compote
Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Sun Basket Test Kitchen Sous Chef Sofia’s Danish mom prepared these pan-roasted pork chops rubbed with curry powder (a favorite spice in Denmark) and served them with apple-ginger compote for family dinners.
In your bag
- 1 organic kohlrabi
- 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 organic Gala or other apple
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- Sun Basket honey-mustard vinaigrette base (apple cider vinegar - honey - Dijon mustard)
Calories: 520, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 31g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 21g, Added Sugars: 7g (14% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the kohlrabi and tomatoes
- Using a peeler or sharp paring knife, peel the kohlrabi and trim the ends; cut the kohlrabi into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; cut the tomatoes into 2-inch pieces.
Roast, stirring the kohlrabi and tomatoes halfway through, until the tomatoes are softened and the skins begin to wrinkle, about 10 minutes. Carefully transfer the tomatoes to a plate and continue roasting the kohlrabi until tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes longer.
While the kohlrabi and tomatoes roast, prepare the apple-ginger compote and start the pork.
Make the apple-ginger compote
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Peel the apple, if desired; core and cut into ½-inch pieces.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and the curry powder.
While the pork cooks, prepare the shallots and vinaigrette.
Finish the kohlrabi and tomatoes
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure 2 tablespoons [¼ cup].
- Toss the kohlrabi and tomatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Measure the ginger and shallots.
- Stir the honey-mustard vinaigrette.
- Toss the kohlrabi and tomatoes with vinaigrette.
- Top the pork with the apple-ginger compote.