In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Curried pork with roasted root vegetables and apple-ginger mostarda
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
Paired with roasted turnips, carrots, and onion, these curry-rubbed pork chops are a childhood favorite for Chef Sofia.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic turnips (about ½ pound total)
- ¼ pound organic baby carrots
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- Sunbasket mostarda base (maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - whole grain mustard)
- 2 boneless center-cut pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
Calories 490, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 380mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 42g (15% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 26g (Incl. 5g Added Sugars, 10% DV), Protein 31g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and start roasting the vegetables
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Scrub or peel the turnips; cut the turnips into 1-inch pieces.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths.
- Peel and cut the onion into 8 equal wedges; cut the wedges in half crosswise, if desired.
On a sheet pan [on 2 sheet pans], toss the turnips, carrots, and onion with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast until the vegetables start to soften, 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the apple-ginger mostarda and start the pork.
Make the apple-ginger mostarda
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Peel the apple, if desired; core and cut into ½-inch pieces.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the apple and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the mostarda base. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a medium bowl. Wipe out the pan.
Prep and brown the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and the curry powder.
In the same pan used for the apple-ginger mostarda, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and cook, turning frequently, until browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Finish roasting the vegetables and pork
Remove the sheet pan [both sheet pans] from the oven and stir the vegetables, then place the pork on top of the vegetables. Continue roasting until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender and the pork is still faintly pink within, 8 to 10 minutes.
Transfer the pork and vegetables to individual plates. Top the pork with the apple-ginger mostarda and serve.
- Scrub the turnips and carrots.
- Toss the vegetables with oil and season.
- Measure the ginger.
- Top the pork with the apple-ginger mostarda.