In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Curried pork with roasted root vegetables and apple-ginger mostarda
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
These paleo and gluten-free pork chops with apple mostarda were inspired by Sous Chef Sofia Yokosawa’s childhood favorite.
In your bag
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- Sun Basket mostarda base (maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - Dijon mustard)
- ¼ pound organic turnips
- 3 ounces organic baby carrots
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
Calories: 470, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 210mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 39g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 24g, Added Sugars: 5g (10% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the apple-ginger mostarda
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Peel the apple, if desired; core and cut into ½-inch pieces.
Prep and roast the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the turnips and trim the ends; cut the turnips into 1-inch pieces.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths.
- Peel and cut the onion into 8 equal wedges; cut the wedges in half crosswise, if desired.
While the vegetables roast, brown the pork.
Prep and brown the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and the curry powder.
Finish roasting the vegetables and pork
- Measure the ginger.
- Scrub the turnips and carrots.
- Toss the vegetables with oil and seasonings.
- Top the pork with the apple-ginger mostarda.