Curried shrimp and Japanese sweet potato stir-fry
Shrimp and sweet potatoes may seem like an unlikely pairing but it's a classic flavor mashup in many Asian kitchens. The sweet, tender flesh of the purple-skinned potatoes soak up the coconut curry and make excellent foil for the tender shrimp.
- 1 Japanese sweet potato
- 1-2 celery ribs
- 1-2 shallots
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1-2 baby bok choy
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 10 ounces wild gulf shrimp
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Stir-fry sauce (mirin - rice vinegar)
- Small bunch fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons toasted cashews
Prep the vegetables
- Peel the sweet potato. Cut into half-moon slices about ¼-inch thick.
- Cut the celery into thin diagonal slices.
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Cut the ginger into thin matchstick strips.
- Cut the bok choy into 1-inch pieces.
Cook the sweet potato
Make the stir-fry
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 610, Protein: 29 g, Total Fat: 32 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 18.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 180 mg, Carbohydrates: 53 g, Fiber: 7 g, Added Sugar: 5 g, Sodium: 1120 mg