In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Dubu kimchi stir-fry with tofu and quick-pickled chard
Vegan, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Inspired by a popular Korean bar snack, this vegan tofu stir-fry bursts with spicy, sweet, and tangy flavors thanks in part to quick-pickled chard and the (optional) sweet chile paste called gochujang.
In your bag
- 1 bunch organic rainbow or Swiss chard (about ½ pound)
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ cup cooked white beans
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 ounces vegan kimchi
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (optional; contains soybeans and wheat)
- Sunbasket soy-free stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories: 460, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 850mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 40g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Quick-pickle the chard leaves
- Strip the chard leaves from the stems; thinly slice the leaves and coarsely chop the stems, keeping them separate. Set aside the chard stems for the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Coarsely chop the kimchi, reserving any kimchi liquid.
Boil the tofu
While the tofu boils and cools, prepare the stir-fry.
Cook the stir-fry
Stir in as much gochujang as you like and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the beans and mushrooms and cook until the beans are warmed through and the mushrooms are just starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the stir-fry blend, kimchi, and any kimchi liquid and cook until fragrant and warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strip the chard leaves.
- Massage the chard leaves with the brine.
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Garnish with the scallions.