In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Ecuadorian chicken stew with bell pepper and brown rice
Lean & Clean, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
Inspired by the classic Ecuadorian and Peruvian dish seco de pollo, this chicken stew has a flavorful tomato base and is perfect for a chilly night.
In your bag
- ½ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic green or other bell pepper
- Sun Basket stew base (fire-roasted tomatoes - achiote paste - orange juice - onion - roasted red peppers - garlic - nutritional yeast - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories: 490, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 9g (14% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 680mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 68g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the stew.
Prep the chicken and vegetables
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper and the cumin.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
Cook the chicken stew
When the chicken stew is almost done, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the stew
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Garnish with the cilantro.