In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Egg white, pancetta, and spinach omelet with bok choy slaw
Mediterranean, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 350 Calories/Serving
This nutritious and delicious egg white omelet with rich pancetta gives you a healthy dose of protein and good fats, with a fiber-filled assist from leafy greens and bok choy.
In your bag
- 3 organic scallions
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 or 2 heads organic baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
- 2 ounces organic shredded rainbow or other carrots
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Sunbasket tangy slaw dressing (EVOO - red wine vinegar - champagne vinegar - sun-dried tomatoes - garlic - dried oregano - Dijon mustard)
- 6 organic eggs
Calories: 350, Protein: 17g (34% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 10mg (3% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 15g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the omelet filling
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
In the same pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 teaspoon oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the white parts of the scallions and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach, season with salt and pepper, and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes and pancetta.
While the omelet filling cooks, prepare the parsley and the slaw.
Prep the parsley; make the bok choy slaw
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
Cook the omelet
- Working over 2 medium bowls, crack 1 egg at a time and separate the white and yolk, carefully dropping the white into 1 bowl and the yolk into the other bowl. Separate all 6  eggs. Save the yolks for another use. Season the egg whites with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Measure the oil for the omelet.
- Garnish with the parsley and scallions.