In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Eggplant and tofu tikka masala with basmati rice
4 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Hearty, comforting Indian take-out favorite tikka masala goes vegetarian with eggplant and organic tofu, perfumed with our custom spice blend.
In your bag
- 1½ cups basmati rice
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 1 yellow onion
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 globe eggplant
- ½ pound button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Tikka masala spice blend (ground turmeric - ground coriander - ground cumin - garam masala)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup roasted cashews
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
Calories: 620, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 95mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the tofu and vegetables
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough yellow onion to measure 1 cup.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Remove the stem from the eggplant and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into 1-inch-thick strips, the strips lengthwise into 1-inch-wide sticks, and the sticks crosswise into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
Cook the tofu
Make the tikka masala
Add the tofu, vegetable broth, and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tofu is heated through, the vegetables are just tender, and the sauce starts to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the tikka masala is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Fluff the rice.
- Crush the cashews.
- Add the garnishes.