Eggplant and tofu wraps with cauliflower “rice” salad
30 – 40 Minutes
These vegetarian eggplant and tofu wraps are fun to assemble and have a bright lemony flavor thanks to the sumac in our spice blend.
- ½ ounce sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 globe eggplant
- Eggplant spice blend (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - allspice)
- 1 yellow onion
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- 10 ounces cauliflower “rice”
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 4 whole wheat lavash flatbreads
- ¼ pound baby kale
A citrusy spice popular in Middle Eastern and Persian cooking, sumac is made from the dried berries of the sumac shrub and is prized for its tartness. We love to use it on anything we might season with a squeeze of lemon.
Prep the vegetables and tofu
- In a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in 2 cups hot tap water until softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Cut each half into ¼-inch-thick strips, then crosswise into ¼-inch cubes. In a medium bowl, toss the eggplant with salt, pepper, and the eggplant spice blend.
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Crumble the tofu into ½-inch pieces.
Cook the eggplant
While the eggplant cooks, prepare the ingredients for the cauliflower “rice” salad.
Prep the salad ingredients
- Remove the sun-dried tomatoes, discarding the soaking liquid, and coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
Cook the cauliflower “rice” and finish the salad
Remove from the heat and stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, cucumber, pistachios, feta, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, prepare the wraps.
Assemble the wraps
- Crumble the tofu.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the wraps.
- Serve the meal.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 15mg (5% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 61g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: tree nuts, milk, soy, wheat.