Eggplant and tofu wraps with cauliflower “rice” salad

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Eggplant and tofu wraps with cauliflower “rice” salad

Eggplant and tofu wraps with cauliflower “rice” salad

Vegetarian, <600 Calories, Protein Plus

2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving

30–40 Minutes

These vegetarian eggplant and tofu wraps are fun to assemble and have a bright lemony flavor thanks to the sumac in our spice blend.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • ½ ounce sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1 globe eggplant
  • Eggplant spice blend (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - allspice)
  • 1 yellow onion
  • ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
  • 1 cucumber
  • ¼ cup roasted pistachios
  • 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 1 lemon
  • 10 ounces cauliflower “rice”
  • ½ cup crumbled feta
  • 4 whole wheat lavash flatbreads
  • ¼ pound baby kale

Nutrition per serving

Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 15mg (5% DV), Sodium 400mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 61g (22% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans


2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use


Prep the vegetables and tofu

  • In a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in 2 cups hot tap water until softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
  • Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Cut each half into ¼-inch-thick strips, then crosswise into ¼-inch cubes. In a medium bowl, toss the eggplant with salt, pepper, and the eggplant spice blend.
  • Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
  • Crumble the tofu into ½-inch pieces.


Cook the eggplant

In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the eggplant and onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring a few times, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in 1½ cups water, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant has softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to the bowl used to season the eggplant and mash with a masher or the bottom of a cup or bowl until the mixture comes together. Stir in the tofu and season to taste with salt and pepper. Do not clean the pan.
While the eggplant cooks, prepare the ingredients for the cauliflower “rice” salad.


Prep the salad ingredients

  • Remove the sun-dried tomatoes, discarding the soaking liquid, and coarsely chop the tomatoes.
  • Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
  • Coarsely chop the pistachios.
  • Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
  • Juice the lemon.


Cook the cauliflower “rice” and finish the salad

In the same pan used for the eggplant, warm 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the cauliflower “rice” and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower starts to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, cucumber, pistachios, feta, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, prepare the wraps.


Assemble the wraps

Spoon the eggplant-tofu mixture along one end of the lavash. Top with the kale. Fold in the sides and roll up each lavash into a wrap. Cut the wraps in half crosswise on the diagonal.


Transfer the wraps to individual plates and serve with the cauliflower “rice” salad.

Kids can!
  • Crumble the tofu.
  • Strip the parsley leaves.
  • Juice the lemon.
  • Assemble the wraps.
  • Serve the meal.