In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Eggplant “lasagna” with white beans and baby greens
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
With no meat, pasta, or cheese, this lasagna is both vegan and gluten-free, but we promise even the most meaty pasta-lovers will love it.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅕ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- 6 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket marinara (tomatoes - fresh garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - kosher salt - black pepper)
- Sunbasket vegan “Parmesan” (nutritional yeast - almond meal)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
Calories 490, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 400mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 43g (16% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 13g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the eggplant
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; slice the eggplant into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
While the eggplant roasts, prepare the spinach.
Cook the spinach
While the spinach cooks and cools, prepare the white bean mash.
Prep and cook the white bean mash
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Rinse the white beans.
Transfer the beans to a medium bowl and drizzle with 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil. Using a fork, masher, or the bottom of a cup, mash to a coarse paste; stir well to incorporate the liquid and season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
While the white bean mash cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble and bake the lasagna
- Stir as many chile flakes as you like into the marinara.
- Using a clean kitchen towel or several layers of paper towels, wring out the spinach, then coarsely chop.
Bake until the lasagna is warmed through and the marinara is bubbling, 5 to 7 minutes.
While the lasagna bakes, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- In a small bowl, season the vegan “Parmesan” with salt, if desired.
- Strip the parsley and basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Rinse the white beans.
- Season the vegan “Parmesan.”
- Strip the parsley and basil leaves.
- Garnish the eggplant lasagna.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.