In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Eggplant Parmesan with sautéed chard
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Cue up some Dean Martin and set out your best red-checkered tablecloth and Chianti for this gluten-free spin on an old-school classic.
In your bag
- 1 globe eggplant
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 or 2 shallots
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh basil
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- Ricotta blend (fresh ricotta - Parmesan - milk - granulated garlic - nutmeg)
- 1 bunch chard
Total Fat 43g (55% DV), Sat. Fat 15g (75% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 780mg (34% DV), Total Carb. 27g (10% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and herbs
- Trim the ends from the eggplant; cut the eggplant crosswise into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Sprinkle the rounds with salt; place on a paper-towel-lined sheet pan. Let stand for 10 minutes; pat dry.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup.
- Strip the oregano, parsley, and basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop all the leaves together. Set aside 1 tablespoon mixed herbs for garnish.
Make the tomato sauce
While the sauce simmers, prepare the eggplant.
Cook the eggplant
Assemble and bake the eggplant Parmesan
- Cut the mozzarella into ¼-inch-thick slices.
While the eggplant bakes, prepare the chard.
Cook the chard
- Strip the chard leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves and stems.