Emerald cod chowder with potatoes and tomatillos
Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
This speedy, one-pot dish is a spin on cioppino and makes a comforting, deeply flavored meal; our precut mirepoix and premade parsley puree simplify prep for a quick, classic fish dinner.
In your bag
- 5 ounces organic Yukon Gold or other waxy potatoes
- Fish options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably farmed rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- ½ cup crushed tomatillos
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 ounces organic chopped chard or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket parsley puree (EVOO - spinach - fresh parsley)
- 1½ teaspoons fish sauce
Make It Leaner
Stretch this chowder into 3  portions to slash 150 calories and 8 grams of fat per serving.
If you’re tempted to peel the potatoes, remember what you’ll be taking away: along with flavor, many nutrients are contained in that thin outer layer. Potato skins hold more fiber and iron than the flesh does, not to mention protein, potassium, and magnesium. So consider putting down that peeler and scrubbing the spuds instead. You’ll save time, too.
Calories: 460, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 700mg (29% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.