In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Emerald cod chowder with potatoes and tomatillos
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
This speedy, one-pot dish is a spin on cioppino and makes a comforting, deeply flavored meal; our precut mirepoix and premade parsley puree simplify prep for a quick, classic fish dinner.
In your bag
- 5 ounces organic Yukon Gold or other waxy potatoes
- Fish options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- ½ cup crushed tomatillos
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 ounces organic chopped chard or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket parsley puree (EVOO - spinach - fresh parsley)
- 1½ teaspoons fish sauce
Calories 460, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 700mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 27g (10% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the chowder
- Scrub or peel the potatoes; cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into 1-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut the cod or halibut into 1-inch pieces, the trout into 2-inch pieces; season the fish lightly with salt and pepper.
While the fish simmers, prepare the lemon.
Prep the lemon; finish the chowder
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Measure the water for the chowder.
- Time the cooking.