In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Falafel pita pockets and carrot salad with lemon-yogurt sauce
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Our vegetarian chickpea fritters pack flavor thanks to the addition of tahini and mushrooms and stuffed into pitas with mint, cucumbers, and spinach.
In your bag
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 scallions
- 2 ounces cremini mushrooms
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Falafel seasoning blend (panko - all-purpose flour - granulated garlic - cumin - coriander)
- 2 lemons
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon harissa powder (optional)
- ½ pound shredded carrots
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 cucumber
- 2 ounces spinach
- Fresh mint
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- ¼ cup fried shallots (contain soy – optional)
Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 610mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 95g (35% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 25g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Milk, Wheat, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Make the falafel
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions.
- Finely chop the cremini mushrooms.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Finely chop the parsley leaves.
Cook the falafel
While the patties cook, prepare the yogurt sauce, carrot salad, and garnishes.
Prep the lemon-yogurt sauce; make the carrot salad
- Juice 1 lemon.
- Cut the other lemon into wedges for serving.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Prep the garnishes
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the end; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Remove the stems from the spinach; tear the leaves into strips.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
Warm the pita breads
Chef’s Tip To ensure your falafel patties hold together and sear well, take the time to finely chop the ingredients, then mash and mix them together. A food processor will work, but hand-chopped ingredients will hold more moisture.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the parsley.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir together the lemon-yogurt sauce.
- Toss the carrot salad.