In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai turkey lettuce cups with rice noodles
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Kids love these scoopable lettuce cups, a perfect paleo alternative to traditional wraps. Enjoy traditional Thai flavors with a Sunbasket twist in this easy dinner.
In your bag
- 10 ounces flat rice noodles*
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - olive oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - turmeric)
- 1 cucumber
- 6 scallions
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh basil
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 lime
- 6 ounces shredded carrots
- Thai dressing base (maple syrup - fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 head butter lettuce
- ⅓ cup roasted cashews
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories 690, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 1080mg (47% DV), Total Carb. 80g (29% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Cook the turkey
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the turkey cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber into quarters lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Strip the basil and mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Juice the lime.
Prep the lettuce and cashews
- Trim the root end from the butter lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Strip and tear the basil and mint leaves.
- Juice the lime and toss the salad.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Crush the cashews.
- Set out the fixings.