In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Thai turkey lettuce cups with rice noodles
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Kids love these scoopable lettuce cups, a perfect paleo alternative to traditional wraps. Enjoy traditional Thai flavors with a Sunbasket twist in this easy dinner.
In your bag
- 10 ounces flat rice noodles*
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - olive oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - turmeric)
- 1 cucumber
- 6 scallions
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh basil
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 lime
- 6 ounces shredded carrots
- Thai dressing base (maple syrup - fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 head butter lettuce
- ⅓ cup roasted cashews
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories 690, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 1080mg (47% DV), Total Carb. 80g (29% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Cook the turkey
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the turkey cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber into quarters lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Strip the basil and mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Juice the lime.
Prep the lettuce and cashews
- Trim the root end from the butter lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Strip and tear the basil and mint leaves.
- Juice the lime and toss the salad.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Crush the cashews.
- Set out the fixings.