In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Farro bowls with Italian sausage and kale
Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
For a healthy and hearty weeknight stew, we combine savory Italian sausage with nutrient-rich kale and farro.
In your bag
- ½ cup farro
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
Calories: 550, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 60mg (20% DV), Sodium: 1000mg (42% DV), Carbohydrates: 53g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the farro
While the farro cooks, prepare the sausages.
Prep and brown the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
While the sausages cook and cool, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Finish the dish
Stir in the farro and kale, adding the kale in batches if needed, and cook until the kale is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the water for the farro.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the onion and garlic.
- Strip the kale leaves.