In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Farro risotto with zucchini, tomatoes, and soft-cooked eggs
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Farro, an ancient variety of wheat, is cooked until creamy and tender in this comforting vegetarian main dish, perfect for company.
In your bag
- ¼ ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup farro
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- ⅓ cup shredded Pecorino Romano
If you’re looking for an easier way to peel the eggs, use a serrated knife to cut the cooked eggs in half lengthwise (shell and all!) and scoop out each half with a spoon.
Calories: 510, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 180mg (60% DV), Sodium: 390mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 61g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the porcini mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the eggs.
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the shallots and garlic for the farro.
Cook the farro
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL].
While the farro cooks, prepare the zucchini.
Prep and cook the zucchini
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the zucchini cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the risotto
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Time the eggs.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the shallots and garlic.
- Measure the water for the risotto.
- Strip the basil leaves.