In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fettuccine “Alfredo” with Italian salad
Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
Break out the red-checkered tablecloth for a healthier riff on an Italian-American classic. Made with nuts and spices, the sauce is completely plant-based and the Parm is optional.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 1 head organic baby iceberg or other lettuce
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1½ ounces roasted red peppers
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket Italian dressing (EVOO - red wine vinegar - champagne vinegar - sun-dried tomatoes - garlic - dried oregano - Dijon mustard)
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Sun Basket “Alfredo sauce” base (almond milk - cashews - nutritional yeast - kosher salt - granulated garlic - onion powder - black pepper)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 800, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 47g (72% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 24g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 15g (75% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 1000mg (42% DV), Carbohydrates: 83g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond, cashew), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fettuccine
While the water heats and the fettuccine cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the Italian salad
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; cut the lettuce in half lengthwise, then coarsely chop crosswise.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop half the leaves for garnish.
Finish the pasta
- Set aside half the Parmesan for garnish.
- Salt the water for the fettuccine.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Divide the Parmesan in half.
- Garnish the fettuccine with parsley and Parmesan.