In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fettuccine “Alfredo” with Italian salad
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
For a lighter riff on the classic Italian-American Alfredo sauce, we use almond milk, cashews, and nutritional yeast instead of traditional cream.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh fettuccine
- 1 head organic Artisan romaine or other lettuce
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1½ ounces roasted red peppers
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket Italian dressing (extra virgin olive oil - red wine vinegar - champagne vinegar - sun-dried tomatoes - garlic - dried oregano - Dijon mustard)
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Sun Basket “Alfredo sauce” base (almond milk - cashews - nutritional yeast - kosher salt - granulated garlic - onion powder - black pepper)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 800, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 46g (71% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 60mg (20% DV), Sodium: 850mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 82g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond, cashew), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fettuccine
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Separate the fettuccine so the noodles don’t clump together during cooking. Add the fettuccine and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the fettuccine, reserving ½ cup [1 cup] pasta cooking water. While the water is heating and the fettuccine is cooking, prepare the salad.
Make the Italian salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine; cut the romaine in half lengthwise, then coarsely chop crosswise.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop half the leaves for garnish.
In a medium bowl, toss together the romaine, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, whole parsley leaves, and Italian dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat the sauce; finish the pasta
- Set aside half the Parmesan for garnish.
In a large frying pan off the heat, stir or whisk together the “Alfredo sauce” base, reserved pasta cooking water, and half the Parmesan.
Set the pan over medium heat, stir or whisk in 2 tablespoons [4 TBL] butter or oil (from your pantry), and cook, stirring often, until blended and heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the fettuccine and toss to coat. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fettuccine to individual bowls, garnish with the remaining parsley and Parmesan, and sprinkle with as many chile flakes as you like. Serve the Italian salad on the side.
- Salt the water for the fettuccine.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Divide the Parmesan in half.
- Garnish the fettuccine with parsley and Parmesan.