In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Filipino chicken afritada with potatoes, bell pepper, and peas
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
This beloved Filipino stew, afritada, offers a melting pot of Spanish and Asian flavors in one comforting gluten-free dish.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ¼ pound organic gold or red new potatoes
- 1 organic carrot
- Sunbasket tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - fresh garlic)
- Sunbasket vegan “oyster sauce” blend (gluten-free tamari - coconut aminos - canola oil - miso - dried plums - fresh garlic - molasses - fresh ginger - porcini powder)
- ⅓ cup peas
Calories 580, Total Fat 26g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 680mg (28% DV), Total Carb. 50g (17% DV), Fiber 8g (32% DV), Total Sugars 20g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch-wide strips.
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Finish the chicken afritada
- Scrub the potatoes and carrot.
- Measure the water for the chicken afritada.
- Time the cooking during each step.