In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fish sticks with oven fries and Thais’ Thousand Island wedge salad
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Ride the nostalgia train with our modern spin on an easy childhood classic paired with a crisp wedge salad and house-made Thousand Island dressing.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 2 organic eggs
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sun Basket Parmesan panko (Parmesan - panko)
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- 1 organic lemon
- Sun Basket Thousand Island dressing (paleo mayo - tomato paste - capers - onion - maple syrup - lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
Calories: 650, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 250mg (83% DV), Sodium: 1430mg (60% DV), Carbohydrates: 44g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sweet potato
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into ¼-inch-thick matchsticks.
While the potato roasts, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Cook the egg
While the egg cooks and cools, prepare the seafood.
Prep the seafood
About halfway through the cooking time for the potato, dredge the seafood.
- Pat the seafood dry. Cut the sole or halibut crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips (leave the scallops whole). Season the seafood generously with salt and pepper.
- Crack the remaining egg [2 eggs] into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. With a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the Parmesan panko with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Cook the seafood
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the fish and cook, turning once, until the crust is golden brown and the fish is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
For the scallops:
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook, turning once, until the crust is golden brown and the scallops are just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
While the seafood cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; cut the lettuce lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut the lemon into wedges.
- Season the sweet potato for roasting.
- Time the hard-cooked egg.
- Peel the egg.
- Season and spread the panko.
- Top the lettuce with dressing and chopped egg.