In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fish tacos with charred corn salsa, guacamole, and chipotle mayo
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 850 Calories/Serving
Summer, meet your ultimate meal. Lightly crisp cornmeal-coated pan-fried fish is the perfect filling for fast tacos topped with a bright corn salsa and a dollop of chipotle mayo.
In your bag
- 1 ear organic corn
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket Aleppo-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - Aleppo chile flakes)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- Sunbasket guacamole (avocado - lime juice - kosher salt - ascorbic acid - black pepper)
- Sunbasket chipotle mayo (paleo mayo - chipotle chile powder - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories: 850, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 43g (66% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 730mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 91g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the corn salsa
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Cut the tomatoes in half
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; cut the fish crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips (discarding the snapper skin if desired). Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the cornmeal with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
In the same pan used for the corn, warm 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the fish and cook, turning once, until the crust is golden brown and the fish is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
While the fish cooks, heat the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
- Shuck the corn.
- Season the cornmeal and spread on a plate.
- Spread the guacamole on the tortillas.
- Spoon the salsa on the tacos.