Five-spice black bean and cremini tacos with avocado
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegan
20 – 30 Minutes
Creamy red pepper–cashew crema adds vegan richness to our mushroom and black bean tacos, while Chinese five-spice powder brings layered flavor.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 lime
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 6 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 16 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¾ pound cremini mushrooms
- Five-spice dry blend (cornmeal - arrowroot powder - five-spice powder)
- 1⅓ cups cooked black beans
- 1 avocado
- Sun Basket red pepper–cashew crema (cashew butter - roasted peppers - lemon juice - fresh garlic - salt)
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Calories: 570, Protein: 15g (30% DV), Fiber: 17g (68% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 74g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.