In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Five-spice braised tofu and soba noodles with miso-tamari dressing
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Hodo’s organic tofu and fresh soba noodles pack protein-rich flavor into this quick and simple plant-based meal.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh soba noodles
- 2 heads organic baby bok choy
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- ½ pound Hodo organic braised tofu
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sun Basket miso-tamari dressing base (miso - gluten-free tamari - rice wine vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 1 teaspoon shichimi togarashi
Calories: 660, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 990mg (41% DV), Carbohydrates: 76g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the soba noodles
While the water heats and the soba noodles cook, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-wide pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
While the vegetables cook, prepare the tofu.
Prep and brown the tofu
- Cut the tofu crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the dish
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a large bowl, gently toss together the soba noodles, vegetables, tofu, and mint with as much miso-tamari dressing as you like (set aside any remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the ginger.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the miso-tamari dressing.