Five-spice braised tofu and soba noodle salad with bok choy
Hodo Soy’s organic tofu brings delicious warming spices to this easy vegan main-course salad. In just 20 minutes, you’ll have dinner ready to go.
In your bag
- 5 ounces soba noodles (buckwheat - wheat)
- 1 or 2 heads organic baby bok choy (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 organic carrot
- ½ pound Hodo Soy organic braised tofu
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 organic lime
- Miso-tamari dressing base (white miso - gluten-free tamari - rice wine vinegar - sesame oil)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Rinsing the cooked soba noodles in cold water not only cools them down and stops the cooking but also washes off excess starch that can interfere with their flavor. You can rinse them in a colander under tap water, or dump the drained noodles back into the empty pot, fill the pot with cold water, swish the noodles around with your hands, and then drain. Repeat until the water runs clear.
Calories: 690, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 960mg (40% DV), Carbohydrates: 78g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugar: (tofu contains trace amounts of brown sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.