Five-spice braised tofu stir fry
Broccolini looks like miniature broccoli, but it’s actually a hybrid of broccoli and kale. It’s tender with a slightly sweeter taste than broccoli and cooks up quickly which makes it perfect for stir fries.
In your bag
- ¾ cup Bhutan red rice
- 10 ounces broccolini
- 3 ounces mini sweet peppers (about 3)
- 3 ounces king trumpet mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-inch piece ginger
- 8 oz. Hodo Soy braised tofu
- 3 whole dried red chilies (arbol)
- Stir-fry sauce (tamari - mirin - rice vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
Cook the rice
Prep the vegetables and the tofu
- Chop the broccolini into approximately 2-inch pieces.
- Cut the peppers into rings.
- Slice the mushrooms lengthwise into approximately ¼-inch thick pieces.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Peel the ginger and thinly slice.
- Slice the tofu into ¼-inch-thick pieces.
Stir fry the vegetables