In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Five-spice pork and soba noodle bowls with edamame
Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Our superfast Japanese-inspired soba noodle bowls are deeply satisfying, thanks to our pre-braised pork shoulder and an array of colorful vegetables.
In your bag
- 5 ounces soba noodles (buckwheat - wheat)
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder (contains pork and spices)
- 1½ teaspoons five-spice powder
- ¼ pound organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket rice vinegar blend (rice vinegar - coconut aminos)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup shelled edamame
Calories 660, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 400mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 51g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the soba noodles
While the water heats and the soba noodles cook, prepare the pork.
Cook the pork; toss the noodles
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- If using the chile flakes, set aside half for garnish.
In a large bowl, toss together the soba noodles, pork, spinach, rice vinegar blend, and up to half the chile flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Time the noodles.
- Measure the water for the pork.
- Top the bowls with carrots, edamame, and scallions.