In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Five-spice salmon tacos with lemon-mint yogurt
4 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Get to know the savory-sweet flavors of Chinese five-spice powder in these easy fish tacos. The versatile blend includes star anise and cinnamon, and shows up in everything from rich soups to these quickly seared salmon fillets. Setting out the salmon and toppings taco-bar style allows everyone to garnish theirs as they please.
In your bag
- 1 romaine heart
- 1 or 2 Persian cucumbers
- 10 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- Three 6-ounce skin-on wild Yukon River salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 lemons
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh mint
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños (optional)
Calories: 520, Protein: 40g, Fiber: 11g, Total Fat: 23g, Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 85mg, Sodium: 250mg, Carbohydrates: 43g, Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g.
Contains: Milk, Fish
Wash produce before use
Start prepping the garnishes
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart.
- Tear the romaine leaves into thin strips.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumbers into thin ribbons.
Warm the tortillas
While the tortillas warm, prepare the salmon.
Prep and cook the salmon
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper. Rub the salmon on both sides with the five-spice powder.
While the salmon cooks, prepare the remaining garnishes.
Prep the remaining garnishes
- Zest 1 lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges. Set aside the wedges for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
Chef’s tip If you have time, instead of using the oven, you can warm the tortillas on the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, until just pliable and warmed through, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel, cover, and keep warm.
- Tear the romaine leaves.
- Juice the lemon half.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Stir together the lemon-mint yogurt.
- Set out the taco bar.