In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Five-spice tofu stir-fry with flat rice noodles, tomatoes, and bok choy
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Fragrant five-spice powder and spicy chile-mango turn this stir-fry into a flavor-packed knockout. The rice noodles, bok choy, and toasted sesame seeds make it one hearty winner of a meal.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Sunbasket spicy chile-mango blend (mango - gochujang)
- 1 or 2 heads organic baby bok choy (about 6 ounces total)
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories 680, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 640mg (28% DV), Total Carb. 80g (29% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, then return to the pot, drizzle with the sesame oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. While the water is heating and the noodles are cooking, start preparing the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes. Season generously with salt and the five-spice powder.
- Divide the sesame seeds into two equal portions, one for the tofu and one for garnish.
- Divide the spicy chile-mango blend into two equal portions, one for the tofu and one for serving.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Cook the stir-fry
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons neutral oil until hot but not smoking. Add the tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes [see Chef’s Tip if cooking for four people]. Transfer the tofu to a medium bowl, add half each of the sesame seeds and chile-mango blend, and stir to coat.
In the same pan used for the tofu, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the bok choy and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the stir-fry blend and cook until fragrant and starting to evaporate, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
Transfer the noodles to individual bowls and top with the tofu, bok choy, and tomatoes. Garnish with the remaining sesame seeds and serve the remaining chile-mango blend on the side.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the noodles.
- Drizzle the noodles with sesame oil.
- Divide the sesame seeds into two portions.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds.