In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Five-spice tofu stir-fry with soba noodles and spicy chile-mango sauce
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
This Asian-fusion stir-fry comes to life with five-spice tofu, protein-rich soba noodles, and our sweet and spicy Korean chile-mango sauce.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Moon Noodles fresh soba
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Sunbasket spicy chile-mango blend (mango - gochujang)
- 2 or 3 heads organic baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Sunbasket tamari-sesame base (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories 700, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 610mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 77g (28% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the soba noodles
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cook until just tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Return the noodles to the pot, drizzle with the toasted sesame oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. While the soba noodles are cooking, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels and cut it into ½-inch cubes.
- Divide the sesame seeds into two equal portions, one for the tofu and one for garnish.
- Divide the spicy chile-mango blend into two equal portions, one for the tofu and one for serving.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Cook the stir-fry
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons neutral oil until hot but not smoking. Add the tofu, season with salt and pepper and as much five-spice powder as you like, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the tamari-sesame base, toss to coat, and cook until the sauce has mostly evaporated, about 30 seconds. Transfer the tofu to a medium bowl, add half each of the sesame seeds and chile-mango blend, and stir to coat. Do not clean the pan.
In the same pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil until hot but not smoking. Add the bok choy and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the noodles to individual plates and top with the tofu, bok choy, and tomatoes. Garnish with the remaining sesame seeds and serve the remaining chile-mango blend on the side.
- Drizzle the noodles with sesame oil.
- Pat the tofu dry.
- Divide the sesame seeds into two portions.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds.