In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Five-spice tofu stir-fry with soba noodles and spicy chile-mango sauce
Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
This Asian-fusion stir-fry comes to life with five-spice tofu, protein-rich soba noodles, and our sweet and spicy Korean chile-mango sauce.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Moon Noodles fresh soba
- Sunbasket tamari-sesame blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Sunbasket spicy chile-mango blend (mango - gochujang)
- 2 heads organic baby bok choy
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
Calories 650, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 800mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 72g (26% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 40g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the soba noodles
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cook until just tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Return the noodles to the pot, drizzle with 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] tamari-sesame blend, and toss to coat. While the soba noodles are cooking, prepare the stir-fry ingredients.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes. Season generously with salt and the five-spice powder.
- Divide the sesame seeds into two equal portions, one for the tofu and one for garnish.
- Divide the spicy chile-mango blend into two equal portions, one for the tofu and one for serving.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Cook the tofu
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the tofu to a medium bowl, add 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] tamari-sesame blend and half each of the sesame seeds and chile-mango blend, and stir to coat. Add more oil between batches if needed. Do not clean the pan.
Finish the stir-fry
In the same pan used for the tofu, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the bok choy and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] tamari-sesame blend and cook until fragrant and starting to evaporate, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and season to taste with as much of the remaining tamari-sesame blend as you like.
Transfer the noodles to individual plates and top with the tofu, bok choy, and tomatoes. Garnish with the remaining sesame seeds and serve the remaining chile-mango blend on the side.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the noodles.
- Divide the sesame seeds into two portions.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds.