Five-spiced tofu and walnut lettuce cups with hoisin
Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
25 – 35 Minutes
In this portable meal, we’ve taken the Southeast Asian salad known as larb and swapped in vegetarian braised tofu and walnuts for the ground meat.
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- Fresh ginger
- Peeled fresh garlic
- ½ pound Hodo Soy five-spice braised tofu
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 head baby iceberg lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 scallions
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Sun Basket hoisin (pumpkin puree - prunes - coconut aminos - almond butter - molasses - sesame oil - coconut vinegar - granulated garlic - salt)
To save time, we break the tofu into ½-inch pieces and coarsely chop the walnuts and onion. But if you prefer a ground-meat texture, feel free to crumble the tofu and finely chop the walnuts and onion instead.
Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 820mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 35g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars (Molasses): 2g (4% DV).