In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Five-spiced tofu and walnut lettuce cups with hoisin
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
In this portable meal, we’ve taken the Southeast Asian salad known as larb and swapped in vegetarian braised tofu and walnuts for the ground meat.
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- Fresh ginger
- Peeled fresh garlic
- ½ pound Hodo Soy five-spice braised tofu
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 head baby iceberg lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 scallions
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Sunbasket hoisin (pumpkin puree - prunes - coconut aminos - almond butter - molasses - sesame oil - coconut vinegar - granulated garlic - salt)
Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 820mg (36% DV), Total Carb. 35g (13% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 13g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 31g
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients for the tofu
- Peel and coarsely chop enough yellow onion to measure 1½ cups.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Break the tofu into ½-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
Cook the tofu
While the tofu cooks, prepare the lettuce cups and garnishes.
Prep the lettuce cups and garnishes
- Trim the root end from the iceberg lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper. Coarsely chop the bell pepper.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.