In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Five-spiced turkey fried rice with mushrooms
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
Simple but full of flavor, this comforting bowl of fried rice is all you need to warm right up on a chilly night. Plus, it’s easier and tastier than takeout.
In your bag
- ¾ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1½ teaspoons five-spice powder
- 3½ ounces organic maitake or other specialty mushrooms
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 6 organic scallions
- 2 organic eggs
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
Calories 700, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 250mg (83% DV), Sodium 450mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 42g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper and the five-spice powder.
- Trim the stem ends from the maitake mushrooms; cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise, then lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the turkey and vegetables
Finish the fried rice
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Time the rice.
- Measure the ginger.
- Separate the green and white scallions.
- Garnish the fried rice.