In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Five-spiced turkey fried rice with mushrooms
Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
Simple but full of flavor, this comforting bowl of fried rice is all you need to warm right up on a chilly night. Plus, it’s easier and tastier than takeout.
In your bag
- ¾ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1½ teaspoons five-spice powder
- 3½ ounces organic maitake or other specialty mushrooms
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 6 organic scallions
- 2 organic eggs
- Sun Basket stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
Calories: 700, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 250mg (83% DV), Sodium: 450mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates: 68g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper and the five-spice powder.
- Trim the stem ends from the maitake mushrooms; cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise, then lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the turkey and vegetables
Finish the fried rice
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Time the rice.
- Measure the ginger.
- Separate the green and white scallions.
- Garnish the fried rice.