In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Flaked cod and chicory salad over white bean puree
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Simple ingredients can deliver surprising results. In this gluten-free warm salad, white beans become an herb-packed puree to accompany seafood and chicories.
In your bag
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 head organic radicchio or other chicory lettuce
- ¼ pound organic green beans
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
Calories 530, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 240mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 23g (8% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the white bean puree
- Rinse the white beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Transfer to a medium bowl, and using the bottom of a cup or a masher, mash the beans until smooth. Stir in the parsley and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the white beans cook, prepare the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the radicchio and green beans.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook, prepare the radicchio and green beans.
Prep and cook the radicchio and green beans
- Cut away the core from the radicchio; coarsely chop the radicchio.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
Add the green beans to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and starting to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the salad
- Juice the lemon.
- Rinse the beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the salad.
- Spread the bean puree on the plates.