In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Flaked king salmon and fresh cavatelli with arugula-pistachio pesto
Soy-Free, Pescatarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
From the fresh ricotta cavatelli and rich king salmon to our house-made arugula-pistachio pesto, this elegant pasta bowl is packed with real food and unreal flavor.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh ricotta cavatelli
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- 1 organic lemon
- Fish options:
- 1 wild Pacific skin-on king salmon fillet (about 10 ounces)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket harissa spice rub (granulated garlic - harissa powder - sweet smoked paprika)
- Sunbasket arugula-pistachio pesto (extra virgin olive oil - arugula - pistachios - Parmesan - garlic - honey - lemon juice - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 770, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 530mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 69g (25% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 39g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (pistachio), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and lemon
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil for the cavatelli. Separate the cavatelli so the noodles don’t clump together during cooking.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Coarsely chop any large roasted red pepper pieces.
- Zest the lemon; juice half. Cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
Cook the cavatelli
To the pot of boiling water, stir in the cavatelli and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the cavatelli, reserving ⅓ cup [⅔ cup] pasta cooking water. Return the cavatelli to the pot; toss with about 1 teaspoon oil to keep the noodles from sticking. While the cavatelli is cooking, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel (if using king salmon, cut in half crosswise); season lightly with salt and pepper and the harissa spice rub.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking.
For skin-on salmon and barramundi:
Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 3 minutes.
For skinless salmon and halibut:
Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to a plate to cool slightly, then using a fork, flake the fish into bite-size pieces (discarding the king salmon or barramundi skin if desired). Wipe out the pan. While the fish is cooling, finish the pasta.
Finish the pasta
In the same pan used for the fish, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the shallots and roasted red peppers, season with salt and pepper, and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the cavatelli, arugula-pistachio pesto, lemon zest, and reserved pasta cooking water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the liquid has thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper and the lemon juice.
Transfer the cavatelli to individual bowls and top with the fish and any accumulated juices. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- Salt the water for the cavatelli.
- Separate the cavatelli.
- Measure the shallots.
- Juice the lemon.
- Time the cooking.