In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Flaked-salmon tostadas with chile-lime salsa and guacamole
Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Enjoy happy hour at home with this bar snack turned main course that gets a good-for-you upgrade, with fresh seafood, crisp vegetables, and our guacamole, rich in healthy fats.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket chile-lime salsa (tomatillos - lime juice - New Mexican chiles - garlic - kosher salt)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- Sunbasket guacamole (avocado - lime juice - kosher salt - ascorbic acid - black pepper)
Calories: 600, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 790mg (33% DV), Carbohydrates: 52g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the quick-pickled onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups]. Finely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]; set aside for the salsa.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the garnishes and the salsa.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook, prepare the garnishes and the salsa.
Prep the garnishes and the salsa
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Crisp the tortillas
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the quick-pickled onion.
- Stir the salsa.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Set out the tostadas ingredients.