In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Forbidden rice and quinoa salad with almonds and ricotta salata
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
Quinoa is often touted for its incredible nutritional benefits, but we like it because it’s also delicious, especially when paired with the stunning black rice we get from Lotus Foods. Here, Chef Justine combines them both with fresh radishes and cucumbers to make a hearty, satisfying grain salad that’s perfect for dinner or lunch.
In your bag
- ½ cup Lotus Foods Forbidden black rice
- 6 ounces Persian cucumber
- 2 to 3 red radishes
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 ounces ricotta salata
- ½ cup quinoa
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa and rice
Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables and the dressing.
Prep the vegetables, almonds, and herbs
- Cut the cucumbers into ¼-inch-thick half-moon slices.
- Chop the parsley and dill.
- Cut the radishes into thin rounds. Soak in a small bowl of cold water to help them stay crisp.
- Chop the almonds.
Make the dressing
Assemble and serve