In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Forbidden rice, black lentil, and quinoa salad with fresh herbs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
This midnight-dark grain bowl is packed with protein and flavor. Whole grains are also loaded with phosphorus and fiber, which aid digestion to clean the body from the inside out, while cucumbers are excellent for rehydration. Tossed with dill, parsley, and crunchy almonds, it all makes a richly satisfying lunch or dinner.
In your bag
- ½ cup Lotus Foods Forbidden black rice
- ½ cup black lentils
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 or 2 Persian cucumbers
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
Nutrition per serving
Calories 770, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 360mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 101g (37% DV), Fiber 19g (68% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Cook the black rice, lentils, and quinoa
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the black rice with the quinoa and lentils.
While the rice mixture cooks and cools, prepare the remaining salad ingredients and the vinaigrette.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Trim the ends from the cucumbers; cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; thinly slice the radishes.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
Make the sherry vinaigrette
Assemble the salad
Chef’s Tip For ultra-crisp radish slices, cut the radishes as thinly as you can (using a mandoline, if you have one). Then soak the slices in ice water for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry before tossing them in the salad.