Saigon beef sliders with carrot-cabbage slaw and avocado
20 – 30 Minutes
Our house-made lemongrass paste brings bold flavor to a few simple ingredients in our fast, finger-food-friendly version of banh mi, the classic Vietnamese sandwich.
In your bag
- 6 scallions
- 1 pound ground beef
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - olive oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - turmeric)
- Slider seasoning blend (fish sauce - coconut aminos)
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 2 limes
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (optional)
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- ¼ pound shredded cabbage
- 2 avocados
- 12 slider buns
For easier handling, in Step 1, refrigerate the ground beef mixture for 5 to 10 minutes before shaping. You can also lightly grease your hands with oil instead of water when forming the patties.
Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 830mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 66g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars (Buns contain trace amounts of sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Fish, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans