In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fregola salad with black beans, corn, and red pepper
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
Fregola comes from Sardinia, a lightly toasted semolina pasta shaped like small pearls—essentially toasted Israeli couscous. Its nut-like flavor makes it a fun alternative to brown rice. In this Mexican-inspired main-dish salad, it provides a backdrop to savory black beans, fresh corn, and bright bell peppers.
In your bag
- 1 cup fregola
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 ounces sunburst squash
- 2 ears corn
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
- 2 ounces queso fresco
- 1 ounce roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories 730, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 580mg (25% DV), Total Carb. 103g (37% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Protein 26g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Cook the fregola
Prep the vegetables
- Remove the ribs and seeds from the red bell pepper; cut the pepper into small pieces.
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash into ½-inch wedges.
- Shuck the corn; lay the ears flat and cut the kernels from the cobs.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Zest the lime; juice half and cut the remaining half into wedges.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Cook the vegetables